A Powerful Recipe For Women To Help Maintain Healthy Hormone Balance
We really like this recipe that is focused particularly on women. It also is an interesting idea to follow the cycles of the moon on this juice cleansing protocol. The Author mentions one ingredient, Red Maca Powder, as optional. But given the amazing hormone balancing features of Maca, we recommend that you use it. Here’s the best supplier of Red Maca Powder we’ve found.
Cycle of the Moon // Cleanse
“The Moon is a powerful force upon our planet. It affects the ocean’s tides, sap and juice levels in trees and plants, our behaviors and our bodies. The gravitational pull on the water in our bodies connects us to the Moon and its magic.
Made up of over 60% water, our bodies can be dramatically affected by this beneficial pull.
By aligning a cleanse with the most potent phases of the Moon, we are able to take advantage of its force to help deepen the cleansing process and effects. Starting on either a New Moon or Full Moon will give any cleanse a powerful helping hand.
- NEW MOON // A time of new beginnings and manifesting positive changes, and for finding time for yourself and seclusion.
- WAXING // A time of increasing energy and gaining strength. Healing is promoted.
- FULL MOON // The most powerful phase. Building energy and vitality. A time of fulfillment and gratitude.
- WANING // A time of decreasing, letting go. A time for new eating habits and breaking old routines. Completion.”
As women, balance comes through connecting our lives with the ebbs and flows of nature.
And who doesn’t want balance…a viable reproductive system, balanced hormones, better sleep, radiant skin, reduced stress + anxiety, alleviation of PMS symptoms, and healthy weight loss?!?
I know I do!
Eating nutrient dense foods — like those rich in B vitamins, magnesium, organic minerals, and chlorophyll — in combination with nourishing herbs + a re-connection with the Earth will assist any one of us on this journey.
The bottom line is, if we as women do not consume the foods + plants that contain the nutrients we need and return to nature our bodies cannot + will not produce hormones properly or maintain hormonal balance simply because it does not have what it needs to do so.
Green Juice for Women Recipe
*Use locally grown or organic produce when available.
- 2 green apples, cored and seeded
- 2 oranges, peeled
- 1 lemon, peeled
- 12 kale leaves (I like to use a blend of kale, swiss card, and spinach)
- 8 stalks celery
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bunch parsley
- 1 inch piece ginger root
- 2 inch piece turmeric root
- 2 teaspoons red maca root powder, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon spirulina powder, optional
- Using your juicer juice all of the fruits and veggies.
- Pour into a large half gallon glass mason jar. Note: This recipe produces enough juice for one day’s worth of nourishment.
- If using the maca and spirulina powders, add to juice in jar and shake to combine well.
- Store in refrigerator. Consume within 24 hours.